There is nothing more classic than a delicious Chocolate Milkshake! Of course, my Vanilla Milkshake and Strawberry Milkshake are pretty amazing too...so this Chocolate shake is the perfect addition to these classic milkshake recipes already on my site. Keep reading to snag the whole recipe.
Affiliate links included for your convenience. By purchasing through these links, I receive a small commission but you never pay a penny more. Thank you for supporting my blog.
This chocolate milkshake recipe is the perfect combination of rich, sweet and delicious chocolate, it is sure to be a family favorite.
It is easy to make and oh-so-delicious, it is definitely one of my family's favorite milkshakes. And if you like chocolate, this will become a favorite of yours too.
How do you make a chocolate milkshake?
Making a chocolate shake is oh-so-easy. You will simply blend together 2 ingredients you might already have at home, chocolate ice cream and milk! Really, it is that easy!
I suggest using a good blender for the smoothest, creamiest results!
What ingredients are in a chocolate milkshake?
For this chocolate shake, I am using 1 cup of coconut milk (but regular milk will work too) and 6 scoops of chocolate ice cream.
I suggest using Breyers Ice Cream because they use simple ingredients that I can pronounce the name of! But you can use your preferred ice cream of choice.
This makes a very generous milkshake serving...but it is oh-so-delicious so you may not want to share.
What do I use to make a chocolate milkshake?
There are many blenders you can use for making smoothies and milkshakes, but I personally own the Vitamix 780 and think it is simply the best. I get smooth, consistent results every single time which is exactly what I want for all my smoothies and is perfect for a milkshake like this where you want a smooth consistency! You can buy your own Vitamix 780 HERE.
Chocolate Shake Recipe
- 6 scoops Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup Coconut Milk (or milk of your preference)
- Chocolate Sauce (optional)
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Chocolate Sprinkles (optional)
- Maraschino Cherry (optional)
- Place ice cream and milk in your blender.
- Blend on high until thoroughly combined.
- If you like you can drizzle chocolate sauce
- Pour it into a glass of your preference.
- And top it with your favorite toppings. I think that a chocolate milkshake should have chocolate sauce, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles, and a maraschino cherry! But you can add whatever you prefer on top.
- Enjoy cold!
Snag the printable chocolate milkshake recipe below:
This Chocolate Milkshake recipe is a delicious, rich and creamy milkshake that is easy to make with only two ingredients!
- 6 scoops Chocolate Ice Cream
- 1 cup Coconut Milk or milk of your preference
- Chocolate Sauce optional
- Whipped Cream optional
- Chocolate Sprinkles optional
- Maraschino Cherry optional
Place ice cream and milk in your blender.
Blend on high until thoroughly combined.
If you like you can drizzle chocolate sauce
Pour it into a glass of your preference.
And top it with your favorite toppings. I think that a chocolate milkshake should have chocolate sauce, whipped cream, chocolate sprinkles and a maraschino cherry! But you can add whatever you prefer on top.
You might also enjoy these recipes: